Date:      Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:55:50 +0200
From:      Jacques Marneweck <jacques@powertrip.co.za>
Subject:   Mirmon for FreeBSD.org and mirror monitoring

Hi Guys,

A while back there was talk about looking into using mirmon to monitor
the various FreeBSD www and ftp mirrors.

I'm planning on setting up a mirmon instance similar to the one which
I'm running for the PHP project (http://www.powertrip.co.za/mirmon/),
which I'm going to at some stage migrate over to the http://doc.php.net/
website.  I've started writing a web-based interface for maintaining
mirror information which also generates the list of mirrors which mirmon
needs to monitor as part of this service.  Is someone currently
maintaining a list of mirror maintainers so that we can hook-up
notifications[1] of out-of-date mirrors as part of the monitoring,
similar to what we are doing at the PHP project?

Regards
--jm

[1] http://news.php.net/php.mirrors/29587

--