Date:      Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:47:58 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   Delete p5-Tie-DNS?

Howdy,

Pursuant to the commit below, I looked at the p5-Tie-DNS port. While at the
time it was created (2001), it probably had some value, the port has
bitrotted badly, and hasn't kept up with the latest developments in
Net::DNS. Also, from the BUGS section of the man page:

        This project is very incomplete.  in-addr.arpa zone transfers aren't
        yet supported.  This module ONLY supports named arguments, not posi-
        tional.

I would therefore recommend that we delete the port altogether.

hth,

Doug