Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:38:26 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Bri <brian@ukip.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: can any one log into ftp.freebsd.org

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 11:44:11AM -0000, Bri wrote:
> well it can't establish TCP connection or its very slow to connect this
> isn't usually the case but I can connect to other ftp sites ok i'm using
> ncftp3.

Have you considered the possibility that ftp.FreeBSD.org, as the main
FTP distribution site of the FreeBSD project, is slightly overloaded
right now, due to the recent release of FreeBSD 4.5?  Maybe you should
try some of the mirrors - your domain name, ukip.org, seems to suggest
UK, so maybe you should try some of the UK sites; from a quick perusal
of the results of a host command, it seems that there is ftp.uk.FreeBSD.org,
and there are ftp2 through ftp6.uk.FreeBSD.org..

G'luck,
Peter

PS.  Once again, redirected to -questions.

--
I've heard that this sentence is a rumor.