Date:      Fri, 24 Jun 2016 22:39:57 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Fernando_Herrero_Carr=C3=B3n?= <elferdo@gmail.com>
To:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any way to add USES clause depending on two options without including bsd.port.options.mk?

El 24 jun. 2016 9:36 p. m., "Yuri" <yuri@rawbw.com> escribi=C3=B3:

> On 06/23/2016 14:54, Fernando Herrero Carr=C3=B3n wrote:
>>
>> Could you please elaborate on the reasons why you want to do that? I
don't
>> see how that particular combination of options would introduce a
dependence
>> that neither of them alone would.
>

> In this particular case, as I figured, this isn't actually necessary. But
it could be necessary in general, when, say, only in GUI there are some
messages to translate, or only GUI needs python.

>> And then, why not include port.options.mk? Then you could explicitly
check
>> for both options being set.
>

> You are right. But without including port.options.mk Makefile looks so
much more elegant. Several times I received e-mails asking to remove
port.options.mk inclusion to highten the degree of elegance this way. -)

Fair enough! I am not one to argue against elegance ;-) but as Mathieu
said: magic only goes so far!

Good luck!

> Yuri

Fernando