Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2005 00:56:10 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Ian Moore <imoore@picknowl.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: realplay-10

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 05:03:48PM +1030, Ian Moore wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:09, Gary Kline wrote:
> > >
> > > from man fc-cache:
> > > NAME
> > >        fc-cache,  fonts.cache  -  create  an index of FreeType font files
> > > in a directory
> > >
> > > It's normally run when you add new fonts to your system. Of course if you
> > > use kde's font control panel or something similar, it runs fc-cache for
> > > you. It's part of X & lives in /usr/X11R6/bin/
> > >
> > > When you install linux-base, is installs a linux version too
> > > (under /usr/compat/linux), but it appears to use the FBSD configuration
> > > somehow, since running fc-cache fixes the cache for linux apps as well as
> > > native ones.
> >
> > 	Thanks for the datapoint.  Where do I chdir to to run fc-cache?
> > 	(There seem to be font files scattered all over the place.)
> >
> > 	gary
> You don't have to chdir anywhere, just run it.
> The man pages says:
>        If directory arguments are not given, fc-cache uses each  directory  in
>        the  current  font  configuration.   Each directory is scanned for font
>        files readable by FreeType.  A cache is created which contains  proper-
>        ties  of  each font and the associated filename.  This cache is used to
>        speed application startup when using the fontconfig library.
> So it must look at your X config file & finds out where the font directories
> are from that.

	Hm, same thing.  DARN.  ANybody know what I'm missing?
	Does realplayer-10 een work with 4.10???

	rats!

q0 0:51 <tao> [2123] realplay
No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix