Date:      21 May 2003 01:31:48 +0300
From:      Ville =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Rogerio Tambellini <rogerio.tambellini@softtek.com>
Cc:        freebsd-cvsweb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Error: Failed to spawn GNU rlog

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 01:13, Rogerio Tambellini wrote:

> ----------
>
> Error: Failed to spawn GNU rlog on "/usr/local/cvs/JBlog//.classpath,v,
> /usr/local/cvs/JBlog//.project,v".
>
> Did you set the $command_path in your configuration file correctly ?
> (Currently "/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin"
> ----------
>
> My $command_path is configured correctly as rlog command is in /usr/bin
> directory. What can I do to fix this error?

To get the real errors, you can comment out the line(s) like:

   open(STDERR, '>/dev/null'); # rlog may complain ...

...around line 2130 (assuming you're using FreeBSD-CVSweb 2.0.6) in
cvsweb.cgi and watch your web server error log while clicking the
problematic dir link.

> Should I give any permission to my httpd user group?

Yep, I guess this is a permissions issue.  Your web server user needs to
be able at least to read the files in the repository.  The files INSTALL
and cvsweb.conf contain more hints.

HTH,
--
\/ille Skyttä