Date:      Tue, 01 Jan 2008 15:09:42 -0800
From:      perryh@pluto.rain.com
To:        hselasky@c2i.net
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZyXEL Omni 56K Plus USB/serial modem

Hans Petter Selasky <c2i.net!hselasky@agora.rdrop.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 01 January 2008, perryh@pluto.rain.com wrote:
> > Has anyone tried, either successfully or not, to
> > use a ZyXEL Omni 56K Plus modem with recent FreeBSD?

> We need a dump of the USB descriptors to say for sure.
> See "/usr/ports/sysutils/udesc_dump" and "man ugen".

The complication is that I have got the modem, but not its
power brick (somewhat long story), and was trying to avoid
tracking down a power brick for it if it wasn't going to
work anyway.

I was thinking more along the lines of someone recognizing
it and being able to report either that they had gotten it
to work, or had tried it and not gotten it to work :)

> If that is not possible you can try searching the Linux
> sources and see if they support your VID/PID .

I've already searched for (case-independent) zyxel in all
*.[ch] under /usr/src, getting no hits other than in (various
instances of) usbdevs.h and usbdevs_data.h.  Is there another
place where I should be looking, or something other than the
symbolic references that I should be looking for?