Date:      Mon, 23 Jan 2012 16:41:46 +0100
From:      n dhert <ndhertbsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TAB not jumping to OK in options screen

Well, I wanted the output to be logged, so in fact I did
# make install clean | tee /tmp/xorg-install.txt

Now, I tried again without the | tee ... and there wasn't a problem now ...

But the  | tee   shouldn't be a problem, since in my script I run every
week for a number
of years already to do portupgrades, I have also a line
     portupgrade ...(my options)... | tee /tmp/portupgrade-mail
this regularly offers me an options screen ... and I never had a problem

Weird...