Date:      Fri, 3 Feb 2012 12:08:50 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        jakobp78@gmail.com
Cc:        "freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org" <freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ACPI error caused by broken asl, how to fix?

I will submit a separate report to mobile@freebsd and focus on suspend/resume issues in this thread or at least a cleaner dmesg.

> The laptop suspends, but screen remains black and I need to hold down the power button to cut power. When restarting it just does a normal boot,
suggesting unclean shutdown.

Ugh, that makes it a good bit harder to debug.  You can try removing as
many drivers from your kernel as you can while still having a functional
system (so no networking, etc.).  Then see if that can resume in single
user.  If it does, then you can start adding back in drivers to narrow
down one that causes the hang.  You can also try setting the
'hw.acpi.reset_video' sysctl to see if that helps your screen come back
on during resume.

--
John Baldwin