Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:16:57 +0100
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
To:        Adailton Milhorini <milhorini@hardonline.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dummynet error in last stable version

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 03:00:01PM -0300, Adailton Milhorini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i use this rules for my bandwidth control, and after update my freebsd
> in last days, show any error for me..

> my rule
>
>    # ipfw pipe 10 config mask dst-ip 0xffffffff bw 900Kbit/s queue 90Kbit/s
>
> errors in dmesg after rule
>
>     #Bump sched buckets to 64 (was 0)
>
> and after traffic show
>
>     #dummynet_io dropped by enqueue

Thanks for the report.
the dmesg output are only diagnostics, they should be removed but do
not indicate any error.

your configuration command is incorrect though, "queue 90Kbit/s"
as queue size can be expressed only in slots or in bytes. The parser
is sloppy and ignores everything after the 'K' so it understand
it as 90Kbytes, but you should not count on that

cheers
luigi