Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 15:53:54 -0700
From:      "Corey Snow" <corey@snowpoint.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Should my Intel card be listed by the install util?

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE on a P90 w/32 MB RAM. The
installation seems to go pretty well until I get to the kernel
configuration utility. There are a number of ethernet adapters
listed, but none of them match mine- an Intel GD82559-based 10/100
adapter, which should use the fxp driver. The fxp driver isn't
available.

My thought is that I'll just remove all the ethernet adapters and
install from a CD that I have and then build my own kernel with the
proper support. However, I'm curious to know if my adapter should be
being detected.

Thanks,

Corey Snow