Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 1996 08:42:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        pst@shockwave.com (Paul Traina)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: news/lib - lib/news ???

>   From: Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
>   Subject: Re: news/lib - lib/news ???
>
>   I don't really care either way (I use a version of inn with a 20,000 line
>   diff to the release version), but it would be nice if everything was
>   consistant.
>
> Gack?  20k?  We need to chat.
>
>   The question becomes, "what about cnews?"  I only (personally) know of
>   one cnews site amongst our customers.  Everybody that we deal with (bar
>   that company) uses either some PC based system or inn.
>
> Simple, nuke the cnews port.  It (cnews) is obsolete and has gone the way
> of the dinosaur.

Please DON'T.  There are still some of us who use cnews to pickup and send
small feeds to bbs systems and such.

I can always fetch the sources and build 'em my self... I may be a dinosaur.
I was using Bnews far too long before Cnews...

Bill
 Bill Pechter/Carolyn Pechter  | 17 Meredith Drive, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724,
 908-389-3592                  | pechter@shell.monmouth.com
 This message brought to you by the letters VAX and the numbers 11 and 780.