Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2019 19:13:47 +0200
From:      Kurt Jaeger <pi@freebsd.org>
To:        Michelle Sullivan <michelle@sorbs.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ZFS...

Hi!

> I know I'm not going to be popular for this, but I'll just drop it here
> anyhow.
>
> http://www.michellesullivan.org/blog/1726

With all due respect, I think if that filesystem/server you describe
has not kept with all those mishaps, I think it's not perfect, but
nothing is.

> Perhaps one should reconsider either:
>
> 2. Defaulting to non ZFS filesystems on install.

I had more cases of UFS being toast than ZFS until now.

> 1. Looking at tools that may be able to recover corrupt ZFS metadata, or

Here I agree! Making tools available to dig around zombie zpools,
which is icky in itself, would be helpful!

--
pi@opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                    One year to go !