Date:      Sun, 03 Feb 2013 08:53:49 -0700
From:      Gary Aitken <freebsd@dreamchaser.org>
To:        mexas@bristol.ac.uk
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: which X driver for NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M?

On 02/03/13 03:33, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> I'm considering buying this Thinkpad T61p laptop:
> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321063105251
>
> It lists this graphics card:
>
> NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M
>
> I'm not sure what driver, if any, will support it.
>
> There seems to be the official Nvidia FreeBSD driver
> provided for it:
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/freebsd_100.14.09.html
>
> but this apparently has to be installed outside of
> the ports tree.
>
> xf86-video-nv drivers list several other Quadro cards,
> but not specifically 570M.
>
> Maybe somebody has used this card, so can give a
> definite reply?

I can't specifically address that issue, but according to this page:
  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/compiz-fusion/nvidia-setup.html
recent nvidia cards should be supported by the
  x11/nvidia-driver port

The nvidia legacy driver page does not list that card, so it may be
supported with the current x11/nvidia-driver port
  http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_32667.html

I have a GT-610 and it is also not listed.
I am in the process of upgrading to 9.1 as well,
but am fighting a bad SSD and have to reconfigure.

Don't know if this helps or not...

Gary