Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:11:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dara Ghahremani <dara@salk.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing network cards

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > Thanks very much for your help. The cards are being recognized in both
> > machines now, but other problems have emerged.
> >
> > 1) On Machine#2, which has the Intel card installed, I can login but upon
> > entering my passwd, the screen freezes and no key presses have any affect.
> > Do you know what may be the cause of this?
>
> This is typically a wierd keyboard controller.  If you unplug and replug
> the keyboard, does it come back?  Are you using a PS/2 mouse?  The
> console driver has changed recently to account for PS/2 mouse issues,
> and a couple of keyboard stalls due to writing the LED's; there may even
> be an option for working around your problem... see the LINT file in
> /sys/i386/conf for documentation of available options.
>
> If you can't fix it this way, you will need to contact the driver
> maintainer, Soren Schmidt (sos@freebsd.org).

I apologize for not being more specific about this, I do get a keyboard
response, but not a system response - i.e. control-D and C appear as ^C
or ^D on the screen and no response returns other than the characters
that appear on the screen.

I will check on the SCSI situation that you wrote about now.

Thanks,
Dara