Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 2002 12:14:25 -0400
From:      Jim Arnold <jarnold@knightridder.com>
To:        Daniel Annereau <dan@annereau.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: netatalk port

>Please help me with any info on the startup, config, etc. of the
>netatalk port as installed at system >install.

Dan,

Take a look in /usr/local/etc and you will see the config files for Appletalk.
In /usr/local/etc/rc.d you will find the netatalk.sh.sample script. Copy
that to netatalk.sh and then run it with ./netatalk.sh start

That assumes that it's not already running. You will get a message saying
it's already running or you'll see it start up. Now that it's in the
rc.d directory
it will get started whenever you reboot the computer.

The AppleVolumes.default file in /usr/local/etc will have a tilde at
the end. This
allows you to mount your home directory. If you would like to add
other volumes that
you can mount on your mac, edit the AppleVolumes.system file and add
them to the end.
Mine looks like this:

/tmp Temporary
/max max

This mount the /tmp directory as "Temporary" on my mac and /max (a
storages drive
for music, etc,) can then be mounted as "max" on my Mac.

This should get you going. HTH

Cheers,
Jim