Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 17:37:51 GMT
From:      "Tim H" <dokb@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   natd question

I think this is a natd configuration problem, but I'm not sure...

I have just set up a ip-aliasing/packet filtering firewall, and things seems
to be ok for the most part.  I can reach various web sites from within teh
internal network. But on a few sites, netscape says
"xxx contacted. Waiting for reply..." and just sits there until it times
out.  This happens only on a few sites, namely www.jandr.com and
kr.yahoo.com.  I know these sites are up, (traceroute/ping) and can be
reached from my connection, ie I can reach them if I physically remove the
firewall and directyl connect my pc to the dsl modem. Things does not change
even if I disable ipfw rules, which I think means something is wrong with my
natd config. I'll provide any output if needed.

Thanks much.