Date:      Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:41:54 +0200
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, alex@myzona.net
Subject:   Re: Updating OpenSSH on -release

Alex M wrote:

> What I am trying to do is update my OpenSSH from the base system, I am
> running 4.2-RELEASE, and I have cvsup'ed the -stable source tree, but I dont
> want to make world, just some parts, like openssh. I dont know if its even
> recommended, but heres what I am doing:
> cd /usr/src/crypto/openssh
> make

openssh uses a new feature of make,
please update your make too.
They may be changes in pam too,
consider to do a "make world" if you run into such problems.

> "Makefile", line 19: Malformed conditional ((${KERBEROS:L} == "yes"))
> "Makefile", line 21: Malformed conditional ((${AFS:L} == "yes"))
> I guess I am doing something wrong.
> Any help would be appreciated.

You can try one of the openssh-ports, but they behave a bit diffrent
in case of RSA-keys over SSH2 protocol, as the base version does.

/usr/ports/security/openshh$ make
/usr/ports/security/openshh-portable$ make

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany