Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2001 22:55:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   (partition table) FBSD table still remains.

Hello, I had an old 20-gig hard drive that had been fully occupied
with FreeBSD-4.2 and decided to reinstall FBSD on it with linux
also, the usual deal and it worked fine except for the fact that
despite having newly created four primary partitions like this.

(Linux fdisk output)

/dev/hda1 /boot
/dev/hda2 SWAP
/dev/hda3 /
/dev/hda4
	(bsd slices)

Running (Linux) fdisk -l /dev/hda still shows the old single
partition setup from the FBSD which is the old layout when it was a
dedicated drive:

a:
b:
c:
d:
e:
f:

Running (Linux) /sbin/lilo to enter the new BSD stanza updated the
lilo menu but didn't flush the partiton table entry fully(?). Isn't
there a way to fully clean the first block of the drive and then
re-run lilo ? I'm thinking it's the following but can't recall if I
do a block size of 512 or 1024 ?

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda count=1 bs=

__
Bill Schoolcraft