Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:52:08 -0700
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to probe what application does in kernel (with sound device)?

I have linux skype that complains that it can't use sound device without
giving any details.
'truss -f' flag doesn't show any system calls related to sound device
(/dev/dsp*). Maybe it's because of child processes aren't really
monitored by truss for linux processes.
But sound from another sound application gets some strange interruption
and buzz every time I try to activate sound from skype. That's how I
know that skype really does something with sound device.

Is there a way to probe program's activity with devices in-kernel?

Yuri