Atrocity To: questions@FreeBSD.ORG Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2000 9:18 PM Subject: how to override secure_path in 4.2-stable I have a freebsd 4.2-stable (just cvsupped) and I encountered a problem here. I had a user which's home directory was set to a different hard drive and directory, and it worked fine in 4.1-release. Now it complains that it cannot stat the .login_conf in the new homedirectory. The complaint comes from _secure_path. I've not been able to find any clues how to disable that. If I login with the user thats homedir is moved, it says no home, logging in with "/". The users homedir is made with adduser, and it creates the user/homedir successfully and the user has proper access to the dir/hd. My primary disk is at /dev/wd0, and the one I'm trying to use as home is /dev/wd1s1 Any ideas? /etc/login.conf does not provide help. requirehome=false doesnt seem to have any effect (ran cap_mkdb of course). ~/A To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message