Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 1998 02:06:45 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Matthias Buelow <mkb@altair.mayn.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        turin@luzifer.mayn.de
Subject:   Compex Linkport ENET-B on 2.2.7/PAO

Hi folks,

tonight a friend and I have been trying to get a ReadyLINK
Compex Linkport ENET-B ethernet pccard working on a 2.2.7 system
with and without PAO, to no avail.

The PAO/2.2.7 sysinstall complains about "unsupported card" after
it has correctly noticed that something is stuck into slot0.

On the installed system, the problem is similar:

First the card doesn't get recognized by pccardd, since the
vendor id string doesn't match anything in pccard.conf.

In pccard.conf.sample, there is an entry for the ENET-A type -
we copied it over and modified the vendor- and card id (ENET-B
reports "PCMCIA" "Ethernet Card") and hoped that the card would
work somehow.  However, pccardd always complains with
"resource allocation failed" when the card is inserted (or pccardd
started) and the ed0 driver is not being attached.

My question is whether the ENET-B is so different from the ENET-A
that it is not supported by the driver, or if somebody has it
running, or if support for it could possibly be hacked together
somehow?

 - mkb