Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 19:41:34 -0400
From:      rafege@switchboard.net (G.E. Rafe)
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        this_is_my_act@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: maestro 2e

!ok, let me ask this way. Should i be able to kldload
!the module after i'm fully booted up? Because i can't
!with 4.4-R. I also found a tar ball from 2000 (before
!it was added to the fbsd tree) that says if loading
!via module and you have a mastro 2e it has to be
!loaded via loader.conf. Can anyone else test this? If
!it turn out that it does have to be loaded via
!loader.conf shouldn't that be documented somewhere,
!and if so where?

The Maestro 2E works fine on our Toshiba Satellite 4030CDT
with 4.3-R, even across APM suspend/resumes,
using the kernel config:

	device pcm

Output from "cat /dev/sndstat":
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Sep 24 2001 22:57:14
Installed devices:
pcm0: <ESS Technology Maestro-2E> at I/O port 0xfc00 irq 11 (4p/0r channels duplex)
--
G.E. Rafe
rafege@switchboard.net