Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 1999 11:26:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   need patch review - NFS fixes for IP binding

    The patch is available at:

	http://www.backplane.com/FreeBSD4/

    The patch attempts to solve PR kern/13049 in a slightly different
    manner then the solution given by Ian in the PR.  In a nutshell, the
    problem that we have is that nfsd may return a respond to an NFS request
    from a different IP then it was sent to on multihomed systems.

    The PR attempts to solve the problem by allowing the kernel nfsd's to
    be bound to multiple IP addresses, which is ok, but it also makes
    nfsd bind to every imagineable IP address which is often not what you
    want to do.

    Instead, I have adopted and cleaned up the kernel portions of the patch
    and modified nfsd to allow the binding ip/host to be specified on the
    command line.  Thus nfsd can be run bound to a specific IP address.

    This appears to solve the problem and should also allow more useable
    interaction between nfs and ipfw.

						-Matt