Date:      Sun, 8 Jun 2003 20:10:58 +0000
From:      Sam Lawrance <boris@brooknet.com.au>
To:        Juan Velasco <jrv@shih.be>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netbeans question

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 09:37 am, Juan Velasco wrote:
> root@dune>netbeans -jdkhome /usr/local/jdk1.4.1
> expr: syntax error
> expr: syntax error
> expr: syntax error

I had a similar problem. If I remember correctly, when the script runide.sh
actually gets to the part where it runs java to launch netbeans, one of the
arguments passed to java (through a script variable) is literally:

""

That's where the NoClassDefFoundError comes from. Even though it's an
empty string, java still tries to run it as a class (hence no class name
following the error) instead of ignoring it.

Sorry, but I can't remember which variable contains the "", but I do
recall that it was used to pass some sort of argument to java. I ended
up just removing the variable from the whole command to make it run.
You could echo the whole command to help find out.

-sam