Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 18:01:20 +0000
From:      Niall Smart <rotel@indigo.ie>
To:        Scott Myron <zamy27@hsonline.net>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2 questions...

On Apr 11,  9:47am, Scott Myron wrote:
} Subject: 2 questions...
> ok, my first questions is... how do I install X windows? I didn't
> install it when I did the installation, but now I want it. so any advise
> there would help. second, is there anyway to get my mouse working at the
> console? this way I don't have to be in Xwindows to use my mouse...
> thanks...

Installing X:

Check out XF86331 in whatever directory all your FreeBSD stuff is
(i.e. on the CDROM or ftp site), read README.TXT, RELNOTES.TXT
et al.

Hint: show some initative

Mouse in console:

edit /etc/rc.conf and enable moused, line 113 on mine.

Hint: man -k mouse

Niall

--
Niall Smart.  Microsoft Suck.  See www.freebsd.org for details.
Annoy your enemies and amaze your friends: