Date:      Sat, 29 Aug 1998 09:59:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt White <mwhite@oak.oakwood.k12.oh.us>
To:        Cedric Valignat <cedric@caput.com>, Matt White <mwhite@oak.oakwood.k12.oh.us>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re: mysql on 2.2.7?

Quoting Cedric Valignat <cedric@caput.com>:

> to make it work you have to use the libc_r
>
> to do that you have to run the "configure" script with the following option
> + :
>
>         --with-named-thread-libs='-lc_r'
>
> i'm not sure that this lib is install by default in 2.2.7, if it's not you
> will find it in the "/usr/src/lib/libc_r" directorie

This worked.

mysql still dumps core every now and then, but it restarts itself and continues
+
running as if nothing had happened. At the very least, I am able to connect to
+
it and pull requests off of it -- before I couldn't even connect without it
dumping core.

No, libc_r is not installed by default but installing it is a simple matter. (cd
+
/usr/src/lib/libc_r ; make all install)

I suppose I should write to the mysql team and please ask them to update their
+
documentation for mysql on FreeBSD 2.2.7.