Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2001 18:54:21 +0200
From:      luc wastiaux <luc@tt-blackhole.org>
To:        Volker Stolz <stolz@hyperion.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DRI + Voodoo 3

> That's bad (the glxinfo-part). Regarding GL-apps, you must be aware
> that sometimes it is necessary to recompile them because they might have
> been build the wrong way.
>
> > When I run glxinfo with the LIB_DEBUG=verbose variable exported, it
> > says "can't find tdfx_dri.so" , the file is indeed not present on my
> > system, but I can't figure out what I did wrong.
>
> And that's the reason for the above errors: You should indeed have
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/tdfx_dri.so around somewhere.
> Poke around in the XFree-source-tree, if you didn't modify the
> configuration, it might even simply not been built.
>
> If you trust other people, I could put up my library at our webserver...
> I'm cc: -multimedia again, maybe someone else wants to hit us with
> a clue-bat.

That would be nice of you thank you :)

I am currently downloading the Xfree 4.10 package, maybe the file
I'm looking for is in there ? (tdfx_drv.so), also, should I consider
installing this package as an option? Does it come with DRI enabled ?

--
Luc Wastiaux - luc@tt-blackhole.org
http://www.luc-w.com/pgp-public-key