Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 2003 20:31:04 -0700
From:      "cp" <cp@olympus.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   4.0 Release vs ssh2/sshd2

I almost feel guilty asking this because I think I know
the answer. We did a pkg_add of ssh2 from freebsd
and installed it but can't run getting an ld-elf error
for an undefined symbol "__stdoutp".

These two servers have 4.0 Release from March of
2000. Is this release just way too old to be installing a port
dated May 2002? If so, should I use the old ssh off
the 2000 cd (even though there are security problems)
rather than remain with open telnet/ftp we've used for
years?

Sorry that's two questions but they seem quite closely
tied ;-). TIA

Chris

P.S. The obvious answer is in process, within a couple
of months both machines will be updated to 5.1 Release.
We just can't do that quite yet.