Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2002 17:05:54 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
To:        stan <stanb@awod.com>, Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cvsup, rebuild tonite, now /kernel connection attempt t0 ----- fills screen

On Friday 08 February 2002 04:55 pm, stan wrote:
> I just cvsuped, and rebuilt everything. Then I ran mergemaset.
>
> Now the console is continously full of meesages like:
>
> /kernel Conetction attempt to xxx.xx.xx.xx from yy.yy.yy.yy
>
> I'm not runing ipfw, or anything like that, and all of the addresses
> are on the local network.
>
> What have I broken?

Sounds like you have log_in_vain enabled. Check to make sure
/etc/defaults/rc.conf has the line log_in_vain="0" . Also check /etc/rc.conf
for a log_in_vain="1" if you find it comment it out.

Beech
Beech Rintoul - IT Manager - Instructor - akbeech@anchoragerescue.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | P.O. Box 230510
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99523-0510