Date:      Thu, 07 Sep 1995 13:33:34 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   higher density diskettes

Microsoft has switched to using so called DMF format
(Distribution Media Format - 1,716,224 bytes 1.63 MB) on
diskettes for the WIN95 distrubution disks.

I suggest to if not switch to that format to at least
start discussing if that would be feasible or could be used
for an even better install disk or fixit floppies.
BTW I tried to mount one of the Win95 Install disks and
got a kernel messages:

blues# mount -t msdos /dev/fd0.1720 /mnt
mountmsdosfs(): root directory is not a multiple of the clustersize in length
blues#
blues# ls /mnt
win95_08.cab
blues# umount /mnt