Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 1998 05:59:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        ache@nagual.pp.ru (=?koi8-r?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?=)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current X11 slowdown confirmation

> Maybe it is not syscons, I just guess. Best slowdown indicator is
> Netscape, it update icons/screen very slowly now. One strange thing I
> found that once update stops completely and continues only when I move
> mouse, so it maybe syscons /sys/mouse section in question.

I assume the blurber (the meteor shower or whatever) is synchronized
to the clock via an event loop so it doesn't run too fast.  Maybe
it is only (or mostly) being updated via the event motion loop instead of
a timing event loop.  Has anyone with the problem looked closely at how
setitimer / SIGARLM is working?

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Realtime development, Machine control,
HD Associates, Inc.               Safety critical systems, Agency approval