Date:      Mon, 04 Nov 2002 14:53:08 -0500
From:      "Brian F. Feldman" <green@freebsd.org>
To:        Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 20657 for review

Brian Feldman <green@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> http://perforce.freebsd.org/chv.cgi?CH=20657
>
> Change 20657 by green@green_laptop_2 on 2002/11/04 11:34:53
>
> 	Be resilient to relabel operations on mac_lomac objects by
> 	always blanking the destination and copying the old label,
> 	but only if the new label "appears" internalized.

BTW, this really does apply to all policies, and needs to be documented as
such.  Biba/MLS got it "not totally wrong" because they don't bzero the
label they're overwriting, so in the case where there's nothing to copy they
just overwrite nothing on the target label.

  <> green@FreeBSD.org  <> bfeldman@tislabs.com      \  The Power to Serve! \