Date:      Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:47:55 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Running nessus on freebsd...

At 06:21 PM 09/02/2006, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

>Are other people here running nessus (2.2.6) with the "registered
>plugins"?  (not the commercial registration).

Hi,
         I am running the same sort of setup, with registered plugins
but with the X-client.  Typically, I shut down the daemon, run the
nessus-update-plugins, start the daemon up again, run "nessus" which
opens up an X app on my workstation and then login and away it
goes.  Does it work for you if you do it via X ?

[verify1]% nessus -v
nessus (Nessus) 2.2.6 for FreeBSD

(C) 1998 - 2003 Renaud Deraison <deraison@nessus.org>
         SSL used for client - server communication

[verify1]%

         ---Mike