Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:25:47 +0200
From:      "Nicki de Wet" <nicki@astcape.co.za>
To:        <Willy@Offermans.Rompen.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: local periodic executed twice

Willy,

You are right, I can actually put it in /etc/periodic.conf.

The periodic scripts all contain the following line:
    . /etc/defaults/periodic.conf

This file contains the following:
# periodic script dirs
local_periodic="/usr/local/etc/periodic /usr/X11R6/etc/periodic"

On the system where I had the problem, /usr/X11R6 points to /usr/local, so
the scripts get executed twice.

By overriding it with
    local_periodic="/usr/local/etc/periodic"
the 2nd call is removed.

Regards,
Nicki