Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 1995 09:47:37 -0500 (CDT)
From:      mikebo@tellabs.com (Mike Borowiec)
To:        gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com (Justin T. Gibbs)
Cc:        moto@cs.cmu.edu, deischen@iworks.interworks.org, gibbs@freebsd.org, mikebo@tellabs.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FBSD 2.xR: AIC7xxx driver vs. st() driver vs. tape drives

Justin wrote:

> >You're not alone! I'm seeing this, too. This problem seems to be
> >related to my problem I posted to hackers@freebsd.org today.  Justin
> >will kindly examine this problem when he gets a new EXABYTE from an
> >RMA department.
>
> Are you not running 2.0.5R?  Aborts are supported in the later revs
> of the aic7xxx driver.

Argh!
I got the error while attempting to make an 8mm 2.0.5R load tape!
I can't write to my Archive Viper QIC150 because of the

st0(ahc1:2:0): ILLEGAL REQUEST
st0: Cannot set selected mode
st0: bad request, must be between 0 and 0

problem, so as a last resort I was trying to use my Exabyte...
so you see, I'm in a catch 22 (short of loading from floppy disk!).

- Mike
Michael Borowiec        Network Operations      Tellabs Operations, Inc.
mikebo@TELLABS.COM                              1000 Remington Blvd. MS109
708-378-6007  FAX: 708-378-6714                 Bolingbrook, IL, USA 60440