Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 22:28:04 +1000 (EST)
From:      Idea Receiver <receiver@blueskybbs.yi.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pthread and write()

I dont know if this is cause by -current, I have not yet try on the
-stable. However, I just write here, maybe someone can help me.. :P

recently, I wrote a multithread network server for my work. what it does
is to accept TCP connection from remote, and then put it into a new
thread. I have wrote a simulation client to test this application i
wrote. The simulation client will keep opening multi connection to the
server, and keep sent a 8byte structure to server using loop and
sleep(1) in between each write(). Also each of the thread created by
server will simply reply a 8byte structure to its client (using
write() again).

When the client bring up "enough" (between 300-1000) connection to
the server, then the server will core dump around 30mis to 1hr time.
After I trace the problem, I found it is cause by write() with signal
11. then i use gdb to trace out the problem. follow is what i get from
gdb:

   0x28121637 in _fd_lock_backout () from /usr/lib/libc_r.so.4

can anyone plz help with this problem? is there anything important I
missed?

thx!!