Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:26:33 +0200
From:      Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
To:        Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS and disk naming change (ex. da0->da4)

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

> I have an experimental (but that does not mean, I wouldn't like to get my=
=20
> data back :) zpool, which was created with something like this:
> zpool create people raidz2 /dev/da0 /dev/da3 /dev/da4, etc

[snip]

> My question is: what now? Is it possible to regain the pool, or is it=20
> totally busted now? I am not sure that I can figure out which device is=
=20
> which now...

I believe a re-import of the pool will solve this problem.

> ps: I guess next time I will use glabel -I love that- to provide base=20
> devices...

That's what I do. Even if I don't think it's needed I *always* glabel
because I always end up in some wonky situation where I would have
been less happy if I hadn't ;)

--=20
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'