Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:00:43 +0000
From:      Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
To:        Steven Hartland <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc:        FreeBSD FS <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ZFS TRIM support MFC

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 2:57 PM, Steven Hartland
<killing@multiplay.co.uk> wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Evans" <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
>

>> I was wondering if there was an anticipated date when the ZFS TRIM
>> support would be MFC'd to a stable branch?
>

> That's likely something that I'll do. I've just finished a round of
> patches which are in review ATM and will hopefully get committed
> in the next week or two.

Excellent news! I didn't want to hassle anyone over this, but noticed
it was coming up to it's 6 month anniversary on HEAD :)

> After those have had time to bed down in HEAD, another few weeks,
> then would be the first point at which this should be MFC'ed IMO.
>
> That said we've been running TRIM on 8.3 for months in production
> so if your happy with back porting the changes yourself you should
> have no problem doing so. If you happen to be on 8 then I could
> provide you with our current patch set.

I'm on 9. I saw your big list of patches for 8.3, but I was concerned
that I wouldn't know which ones are necessary, which ones are not, and
which ones had already been merged to 9. I'm happy to wait!

Cheers

Tom