Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 16:35:16 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
To:        jason_mann@blueyonder.co.uk
Cc:        gnats-admin@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, tg@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/26092: ksh93 port not installing properly

In article <200103260936.f2Q9aJT47060@freefall.freebsd.org> you write:

> >Number:         26092
> >Category:       ports
> >Synopsis:       ksh93 port not installing properly
> When the ksh93 port is installed, it fails to add itself to /etc/shells.

Also reported in PR 26091, see the fix there.

> Aslo, the binary and man file are named ksh93 rather than ksh, although
> I realise this is probably intentional.

Yes, it is.  shells/pdksh already installs as "ksh".  Since people
may want to install both shells in parallel (I do!), I had to choose
a different name.

We could change this and install pdksh as "pdksh" and ksh93 as
"ksh".  Feel free to discuss this with the maintainer of pdksh
(tg@freebsd.org).  I don't hold an opinion either way.