Date:      Sun, 15 Jul 2007 14:30:55 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        Jona Joachim <jaj@hcl-club.lu>
Cc:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@freebsd.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GUI Mail Reader for FreeBSD ...

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 01:10:49 +0200
Jona Joachim <jaj@hcl-club.lu> wrote:

> I use claws-mail and I love it. It can display inline html with the
> dillo plugin.

yeah, claws-mail is superb. Thunderbird was becoming too sluggish for me (i switched over a year ago...claws- reminds me of another gem of email clients, XFMail, which i think is not being developed anymore). It is highly configurable. It has some bugs here and there, but nothing i can't live with (or without ).

I use the gtk-htmls plugin for html email viewing. it works fine, except that the default font (as sent from outlook / outlook express) shows too small (as in tiny)...but i cant be bothered trying to figure out how to change that :-)

i had used dillo, but i found that quite often it'd spin out of control or spaw process that wouldnt die easily. it was at least 6 months back (or more), so it may be different now.

GTKhtml2 , and dillo too, i think, allow you to prevent loading of remote images to prevent remote snooping on what you read or you dont.
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"That's what I love about GUIs: They make simple tasks easier,
and complex tasks impossible."
   John William Chambless