Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 1997 07:48:36 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        Thad Smith <tsmith@sig.net>
Cc:        Blaine Minazzi <bminazzi@denverweb.net>, skat@flask.com, Jason McKay <jasonm@barney.webace.com.au>, isp@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Active Server Pages

>On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Blaine Minazzi wrote:
>
>> Does it conform to any RFC's, or is it more microsquid propriatary stuff
>> that only runs on their crappy NT servers?
>> In other words, is it OPEN?

Oh, I'm sorry -- I forgot that Microsoft was not allowed to invent any
new technology, anymore.

There is no OPEN standard (i.e. there are no RFCs (that I'm aware of))
that cover the kind of technology I was describing.  Yes, this is new
technology that Microsoft invented.

>I'm not completely sure, but I believe I heard somewhere that it runs only
>on Microsoft's IIS (Internet Information Server).

This is correct.

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net
      Contract software development for Windows NT, Windows 95 and Unix.
             Windows NT and Unix server development in C++ and C.