Date:      Thu, 09 Apr 2015 11:33:10 -0700
From:      Dennis Glatting <freebsd@pki2.com>
To:        Kent Kuriyama <kent.kuriyama@gmail.com>
Cc:        Arthur Chance <freebsd@qeng-ho.org>, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NTP peering broken since recent security update?

On Thu, 2015-04-09 at 08:14 -1000, Kent Kuriyama wrote:
> Are you doing any NTP authentication between peers?

I am. And yes, NTP stopped working between peers after the last patch
(I'm at r281238). NTP 4.3.14 (net/ntp-devel) seems to work, though.

FreeBSD-SA-15:07.ntp is not terribly useful. It says there is no work
around and you should upgrade. Yet, now that I upgraded and without
configuration changes, my five Statum2 core is now broken and it isn't
(yet) clear how to fix it.

That's a serious problem.

By default NTP isn't compiled with debug. Patching/recompiling is a
limited process on core systems, so I was hoping ntp-devel would help
debug. Nada