Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:09:30 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        wanderingidea@casema.nl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weather update plugin 0.6.0 fails to work

wanderingidea@casema.nl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since xfce 4.4 the weather plugin 0.6.0 fails to update weather data.
>
> Searching the weather location code also fails. Filling in Rotterdam should
> return NLXX0015 but nothing happens.
>
> So far I cannot find any information on this problem.
>
> Does anyone has this same problem or any ideas?

Hmm, I've had some problems with this prior to 4.4., but AFAICR none
since I upgraded last week.  Portupgrade reinstalled XFCE without the
plugin, so I rebuilt that, too.

IIRC, the problems I did have in the past were related to a malformed
xml file somewhere under ~/.config/xfce* ....

Are you behind a proxy by any chance?

Kevin Kinsey
--
The future is a myth created by insurance
salesmen and high school counselors.