Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 1995 17:35:54 +0000 ()
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@parody.tecc.co.uk>
To:        Joop_Buis <bcom@euronet.nl>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation FreeBSD

On Wed, 13 Dec 1995, Joop_Buis wrote:

> I have copied the complete CDrom to a \Freebsd directory on the first IDE drive.
> I created the necessary file system on the second IDE drive and pushed COMMIT.

The \freebsd directory must contain the same directory structure as on the
FTP site, ie

bin.?? files go in \freebsd\bin
src.?? files go in \freebsd\src
and so on

> I keep on getting the message "Can't get the root immage will try to get it
> from flopy" and of course getting it from floppy doesn't work either.

Getting it from floppy should work as far as I know. What was the error
message? I would double-check all the "obvious" things (did you download
it in binary mode, did you use rawrite.exe to write it out, did someone
switch the boot floppy and the root floppy when you weren't looking, etc).

James

Segmentation fault (core dumped): cannot find file '.signature'