Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:06:58 -0800
From:      "Antonio Lupher" <antonioabroad@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PHP failure/SSH down-->Finally completely offline

Hi.  I'm having some trouble with my server.  It's running FreeBSD 4.7 and
there's a website on it that's using PHP/MySQL.  The last three nights in a
row, it has been crashing...

First, I try to access the website, and I get the following errors, whenever
a PHP call is invoked:
Warning:  open(/tmp/sess_4a23ba911863d07812e9cdf99656586f, O_RDWR) failed:
Device not configured (6) in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mysite/includes/template.inc on line 14
   Database error occurred: Couldn't connect to server.  Please inform the
administrator about this.
Warning:  open(/tmp/sess_4a23ba911863d07812e9cdf99656586f, O_RDWR) failed:
Device not configured (6) in Unknown on line 0
  Warning:  Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the
current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

I then try to login via ssh... but I get "Connection closed by [my ip]".
Ports 25 and 110 are similarly inaccessible.  After a while, even the
website goes down, and the server is completely inaccessible on port 80.
However, when my ISP reboots the computer, it starts up normally and
everything seems to be working.  (I did have to reset the date this last
time, though)

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas on what to look for--or can help me diagnose
the problem, I'd be very appreciative.

-antonio

Gift-shop online from the comfort of home at MSN Shopping!  No crowds, free
parking.  http://shopping.msn.com