Date:      Wed, 07 Jul 2010 15:02:46 -0400
From:      "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <gaijin.k@ovi.com>
To:        Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Samsung SPF-800P supported by FreeBSD?

On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 19:30 +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
>  > yes, sorry. i meant obexapp :) obexapp is known to work with various
>  > mobile phones (and other devices) that implement opp (obex push
>  > profile) and oftp (obex file transfer profile). it is likely that you,
>  > or someone you know, own such a mobile phone, and, you can always try
>  > obexapp against it to see what it does and how it works.
>=20
> Well, even if it works with a mobile phone, that doesn't
> guarantee that it would work with such a photo frame.
>=20
> In fact, the bluetooth function of that photo frame is
> intended so you can upload pictures from a mobile phone
> to the frame (not from a PC, AFAIK).  Can FreeBSD with
> obexapp act like a mobile phone?
If it helps you any... I have yet to see a difference between obexapp
implementation of the Bluetooth PUSH and that of the handheld device. I
have pushed pictures *from* my FreeBSD laptop *to* MacOS 10.4, Windows
XP, Motorola V3xx, Nokia N75, Samsung Impression (or something similarly
sounding -- no longer around to check), Nokia N810 and HTC Aria. This is
not intended to give you any guarantees, merely some degree of
assurance.

One thing, which Maksim is much better positioned to comment on, is
pairing. One would hope that frame being input-less device would just
have a hardcoded PIN, but I would hunt downloadable manual for the thing
and read up on the pairing process. Compatibility with Mac OS is good,
multi-step Windows wizard, unless it boils down to "enter 0000 when
prompted to do so", is, probably bad.

Just my 2c.

--=20
Alexandre Kovalenko (=D0=9E=D0=BB=D0=B5=D0=BA=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BD=D0=B4=D1=80=
 =D0=9A=D0=BE=D0=B2=D0=B0=D0=BB=D0=B5=D0=BD=D0=BA=D0=BE)

Ovi Mail: Making email access easy
http://mail.ovi.com