Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2001 13:32:23 -0500
From:      Ian Cartwright <ICartwright@IT.RJF.com>
To:        "'Jeroen C. van Gelderen'" <jeroen@vangelderen.org>, "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>, Stefan Molnar <stefan@csudsu.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Intel PRO/100+ driver or hardware?

A few weeks back I mentioned a similar problem I was having with a Compaq
Dexkpro EN. It has a built in 82559 chip. Under FreeBSD it would hang every
so often with a device timeout. Under Win2k it works great. I tried
everything I could think of (swapping cables, hubs, etc.) with no success
for FreeBSD. I tried the mailing lists but no one saw my post I guess. ;-/

I hope this helps to corroborate your story...

Ian