Date:      Sun, 15 Nov 2015 11:39:34 -0600
From:      CyberLeo Kitsana <cyberleo@cyberleo.net>
To:        Dwight Walker <dwight@wwwalker.com.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: forums.freebsd.org connection reset

On 11/15/2015 11:17 AM, Dwight Walker wrote:
> Hi
>
> I tried to open many forum pages but they all got reset.
>
> I am using Firefox 16 on Linux.
>
> On FreeBSD 6.2 lynx it said 301 permanently moved.
>
> Your forums.freebsd.org must have a permanent redirection setup on the
> server that needs to be removed.

The FreeBSD forums now require https for access, and only accept TLS 1.1
or greater, to defend against certain common information disclosure attacks.

It does not look like Firefox gained TLS 1.1 support until version 19,
and OpenSSL until 1.0.1. Simply put, your software is too old to be secure.

--
Fuzzy love,
-CyberLeo

Furry Peace! - http://www.fur.com/peace/