Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 1998 00:15:35 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Noobt <chickena@tm.net.my>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need guides

On Sat, May 16, 1998 at 02:25:39AM +0800, Noobt wrote:
> Greetings all,
> My main purpose is to install FreeBSd and NEC socks proxy software as a
> proxy server serving win95 clients.
> Is it possible or has anyone successfully done it?
>
> If it's possible...
> I've downloaded the BSD bootdisk.... from ftp.cdrom.com
> What else should I download?
> And regarding partition.... I've a spare PC and does not have to have a
> Ms-DOS partition.
> I assumed.... I need a Ms-DOS partition to hold the installation files
> before installing..
> So... do i need to create a MS-DOS partition and how large will that be?
>
> Perhaps... there's a instructions for newbies on the net how to install
> FreeBSD ?

One way to approach this is to follow the links on
http://www.freebsd.org/newbies.html
to information that can help you. Also on that page you'll find
the address to write to if you have further questions about the
installation after reading through the instructions.

Let us know if you have any comments on that page. While we can't
offer help to each other directly as newbies, we like to be able
to steer each other to the best sources of help.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-